We empower youth with leadership training that addresses their challenges and provides opportunities to transform economic liabilities to economic opportunities. Youth Leaders will advocate, advise, and lead solutions to improve the prosperity of youth, our community, and local businesses.
LEADERSHIP TRAINING PROGRAM
Our new Youth Leadership Training Program develops the skills and knowledge youth need to be a leader for themselves, their peers, and our community. Each Youth Leader is an active participant of Hartford Opportunity Youth Collaborative and helps to ensure education, job training, and support services are accessible and effective.
Potential activities include:
- Peer listening sessions
- Meetings with Federal, State, and local elected officials
- Local, state, regional, and national conferences
- Peer surveys and reports on public funding for youth
- Youth Voices: Adults can’t do it alone
- YLAT: An innovative approach to systems improvement
- Influencing public policy: Guide for youth in care
- Strategic Sharing: Telling your story in a way that is meaningful, effective, and safe
- Permanency Pacts: Connections between youth and support adults
The Youth Leadership Ad Hoc Workgroup developed a training program for youth leaders who will inform the work of the Collaborative and take a leadership role in moving the work forward.